Saturday, February 6, 2010

February is Italian!!

OK, yes I have been a slacker and have not updated my blog....but I got sick, got schooled, and got busy....so now while I have a few minutes while my one pasta sauce is boiling, I am going to update. This month is Italian. I wanted to try to add French to this month as well, but it was reallllly freaking hard to do and seeing as I was so sick and busy, it wasn't practical either (plus there are less days in this month....).

Yesterday I made some homemade pasta sauce with bowties. It was really easy......SUPER easy actually.

Ingredients:
-4 cloves of garlic (I used my garlic press here)
-1 onion
-4 cans of diced tomatoes (I like using the kind that has seasonings like basil/oregano)
-3 tablespoons olive oil
-seasonings to your likening ( I used rosemary, oregano, parsley, italian seasoning, cilantro, & basil)
-1/2 cup red wine
-1/2 cup white
-pinch of sugar
-Salt & Pepper to taste
Just take the olive oil and heat it up. Then sautee garlic, onion and seasonings for under 5 minutes. Then add white wine. Cook another minute. Then add tomatoes and a pinch of sugar. Bring to a simmer and add red wine. Taste to see if more seasonings are needed. Cook for at least 4 hours, preferably six or longer.

For the bowties, I just cooked them normally then added a tiny bit of olive oil and rosemary at the end.

It was yummy... I also made some garlic bread using Italian bread with butter and garlic powder...super easy as well.


Now I am making a 2 sauce lasagna, it smells awesome and is looking good. I will make another post and give you the recipe there!! Now I need to go check on it!


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment