Monday, February 8, 2010

Lemon Cream Spaghetti


Tonights dinner was Lemon Cream Spaghetti. It was good, but not awesome. I think I would have made it differently. I would have added shrimp.

Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
-1 lb spaghetti (I used linguine noodles)
-2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
-1 lemon
-1 tablespoon butter (I used 3)
-1 1/2 cups tender shelled peas (I used steamfresh)
-8 ounces heavy cream
-salt & pepper

Method:
Boil water and prepare pasta according to the instructions on box
While pasta is cooking, melt butter in pan. Add garlic and peas--sautee briefly. Zest lemon into sauce and add cream. Bring to a simmer over medium heat until sauce is slightly reduced. Stir in 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Salt & pepper to taste and remove from heat.
Put the sauce on top of the noodles and serve.

I might try this again, add more butter, shrimp, less peas, and modify the amount of lemon.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment