Thursday, January 14, 2010

Irish Stuffed Herb Chicken


So tonight I am attempting this dish, it seemed easy enough to try on a busy night, about 10 minutes prep then in the oven for 20-25. I am making green beans for the side. I couldn't find Dubliner cheese, so I used cheddar, which is supposed to be similar. I made my own Mediterranean herb mixture, using Rosemary, oregano, thyme, bay leaf, & sage.

Here are the ingredients:


8oz Dubliner cheese

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

4oz fresh bread crumbs

1oz pack fresh Mediterranean herbs, finely chopped

2 medium size eggs, beaten

1/2 teaspoon salt

Process:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Grate 3 1/2 oz Dubliner cheese and cut the remainder into thin slices.
Cut a pocket in each chicken breast and insert the slices of cheese.
In a bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, herbs, seasoning, and grated
Dubliner cheese.
Place the beaten eggs in a shallow dish and dip the chicken breasts into
it, until evenly coated,
then press firmly into the crumb mixture or until cooked through (this step did not make too much sense....it did not list a time for how long to cook either, so I guessed 20-25 minutes).
The chicken portions can be sliced into four and served with salad and
spinach or
tomato pasta tossed in melted Kerrygold butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment